Thursday, November 18, 2010

Today Was A Day.

The title is a tribute to my friend Becca.  She is one for calling things what they are.

Today I had a field trip to MediaSet, the major television broadcasting company in Italy.  There are six Italian channels--three public and three private.  MediaSet controls the three public ones, and is owned by Berlusconi, the president of Italy.  Berlusconi... hm.  I will refrain from commenting at this time.

Anyway, my class got a tour of several studios and editing rooms.  It was a blast--so interesting!  In one studio, the cast of one show was practicing.  We couldn't stay very long, but they were all dancing, and it was fun to see a little piece of the process.  Also I want to dance.  I have been craving swing with Joshua, salsa with my Dominican friends, tapping in WA musicals.  Like "Singin' in the Rain."  That tune's been going through my head quite a bit recently.

Tomorrow I am going to a concert with my friend Esmeralda, who studied at my home university, and at whose university I am now currently studying!  What are the odds, huh?  Actually, the performance is by two women who perform duets together--an Israeli Christian and a Palestinian Christian.  I am excited to go experience that with Esmeralda.

That's the update!  And this is the view of MediaSet from the street.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a blast to be able to go into the studio like that! I'm happy you're putting pictures up on your blog now :) It makes it so much fun to read and visualize where you are!
    I love you!
    See you soooooon!

    ReplyDelete